Wednesday, September 29, 2010

copyright

The Congress shall have the Power... To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries...   
(The United States ConstitutionArticle I, Section 8, Clauses 1 and 8)(1)

1. Its a method of ethics on copyrights and stealing someone elses work, you need to respect the rights of others and their individual ideas.  The idea is important because its just like someone stealing an earthly object from someone else like a car, its just not right ethically and not to mention illegal.  I will teach my students by making them understand ethics and use lessons that show how not to copyright or steal someone elses stuff.
2. Cyberbullying involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harm others.(2)  Online safety is relatively similar to cyberbullying in the fact that students should not allow others to bully them online by talking them into going to certain web sites or do other things.  I will teach students the defintions of online safety and cyberbullying and let them understand what kind of people are on the internet and should protect themselves just as they would in regular life. 
3. This weeks activity help me understand more of the details of copyrights and how they worked, and for me distinguishing between online safety and cyberbullying so that I understand thoroughly so that I can teach me students about it.

Refernces:
2) Wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment